Issue One, launching July 1st, includes:
* Images from Shelby Lee Adams’s new book Salt and Truth, released in October by Candela Books.
* 20 Questions—an interview with photographer Jack Spencer on his life and work.
* 5 Questions—an interview with Marilyn Suriani, along with images from her documentary work Urban Renewal.
* Anderson Scott’s Civil War Re-enactors photography.
* Brandon Schulman’s landscape photography.
* Joanna Knox’s color photographs of the interiors of abandoned southern farm houses.
* Dave Anderson’s video: William Eggleston.
* LOOK3 Festival of the Photo: reporting and images from this year’s great festival.
* Our featured museum: Hampton University Museum, located in Hampton, Virginia and their exhibit, “Corapeake: A Community on the Verge of Change,” photos and a documentary by Kendall Messick.
* In Books, Victoria Amador talks with Bill Boling about his new fine art publishing venture Fall Line Press, and the influence of the South upon his work. Plus two of Rob McDonald’s books, Cy’s Rollei and Poplar Forest.
* Video of Larry Fink discussing “How Music Influences My Photography.” Larry’s images of jazz musicians in Memphis will appear in the Music Issue in September 2011.
* David Halliday’s Still Lifes.
* Favorite blogs culled from wonderful southeastern writers and photographers.
* Plus!—Talk, where you can chat up someone on topics related to photography; Classifieds, where you can unload that old lens; Tech, where we will tell you about everything new and interesting; and finally, Last Look, where you’ll discover an iconic image and what it means to the owner.
and much, much more!!